Rack-mount servers typically reside in traditional datacenters or server rooms where high-performance computing is needed to perform specific tasks. Yet in an ever increasing number of industries, the same processing power is needed outside the datacenter, off-site, or in environments with limited space.
Nucleus 2U is a high-density, compact rackmount system built for these off-site or space-limited application requirements. It provides an ideal combination of fast processing, massive storage, and PCI Express expansion, all in much less space than comparable rack-mount servers.
The Nucleus 2U features:
- Compact 2U height and short, 17” depth for small rack spaces and deployable applications
- 8 hot-swappable SATA, SAS, or Solid State drives for limitless storage
- Full ATX/CEB motherboard with up to 7 PCI Express expansion slots
NextComputing developed the Nucleus 2U high-performance, short-depth rack-mount system to meet the needs of OEMs and integrators in the areas of military intelligence, media & entertainment, test & measurement, oil & gas, and any market that needs powerful computing in limited space. The flexibility and data crunching power of the Nucleus 2U are ideal for:
- Data capture and analysis for network monitoring and cyber security
- High-bandwidth, real-time visualization for geospatial imagery analysis, surveillance, and military intelligence
- Advanced data analysis and visualization, QC, and processing for oil and gas exploration; in the field, or back in the lab
For broadcasters and media professionals, the Nucleus 2U is ideal for demanding applications that require specialized PCI Express video I/O cards and/or a GPU card, such as those from NVIDIA and AMD. These applications include real-time graphics, virtual sets, media ingest and processing, and live encoding and streaming workflows. The compact nature of the Nucleus 2U makes it especially suited to environments where space is at a premium, such as broadcast trucks, flypacks, and other mobile situations.
OEMs and high-volume end-users have additional options to customize the system based on their unique needs. These options include the integration of new motherboards, custom IO and adapters, additional storage configurations, as well as branding with logos and custom faceplates.
For more information on the Nucleus 2U, click here.
If you have questions about the Nucleus 2U or any of NextComputing’s products, email us at email@example.com, and one of our Sales Engineers can help you discover new computing solutions to benefit your workflow.